Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Friday 4 January 2013

Urban Landscapes - London

The shard building was the best thing I saw that day; I enjoyed drawing it because of the size and scale of the building and also because of the worms eye view I had.

We walked along the River Thames from London Bridge station where we all met.




We went up the OXO tower near London Bridge and we got an amazing view from up there.
It was interesting to see the view of all the different buildings and towers in London. It was a pretty good view from there because we could draw the river with the bridges and the skyline behind.
I liked drawing the boats on the river with the green trees behind then with the blue skyline, there are lots of layers to draw.

I focused one of my drawings on this church because i thought it looked interesting poking out from the trees.





Walking along the River I saw this old structure of planks of wood thought it looked good in the contrast to the river and the trees behind.




The mess on the rivers beach.

The disgusting box filled with fags and water from the rain.


While walking around London I found I was drawn to patterns mostly.
Also I was drawn to taking pictures of the floor and cracks in the pavement in the streets.





Found objects.









Reminded me of pathways.





The way the leaves fell I thought looked cool across the concrete slabs.
These trees against the blue and white sky brought out all the individual branches.
While walking along I looked up and saw this black light and I liked the shape and reminded me of old Victorian style streets.
I love these kinds of roads, old cobbles I think they look better then the tar mac we have today on all our roads, more interesting to look at.






I really liked this space in the wall, the pattern is interesting.

Some other weird pattern I found on a wall.

While walking along we all saw this on the floor on a main road, found it quite funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment