Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Monday 17 December 2012

Stencils



When researching ideas on the internet i came across this image; of a school child walking like some sort of zombie, I found this amusing so i decided to take this idea and develop it more into something to do with an issue concerning Chestnut Grove School and all school because my stencil once approved would be going inside the school building so it had to be appropriate.

At the time of developing my ideas we had to start thinking about our own pathways ad what choices we have to make for our futures, this gave me the idea of pathways and that we all have to make them weather we are in secondary school, sixth form/ Collage or a foundation course.
So my idea was that the school child would start off small (year 7) and while growing up he changes and then when he reaches near adulthood he has to choose which way he wants to go.

My idea developed further and the thought behind the sheep symbolize 'following and doing what people expect of you' and the butterfly symbolizes being free and making the right choice for you and not for anyone else.


I haven't been able to actually site my work yet because it is still being approved, I used Photoshop to place my artwork in the school building where i plan it to go so that you can see what it would look like when it is sited in real life.
I'm really pleased with how it looks and I believe it has a strong enough meaning and thought behind it to be approved by the school.

 I also tried placing the stencil in different areas around the school, it worked really well here and it is a good location because it is by the main desk and it is always really busy around there so lots of people will be able to walk past it and view it more.


No comments:

Post a Comment