Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday 5 December 2012

JMW Turner

Joseph Mallord William Turner, was born on 23 April 1775 and died on 19 December 1851. He was a English landscape painter, he worked most with water colours and also printmaking. Turner was considered a controversial figure in his day, but is now regarded as the artist who elevated landscape painting to a place in the history of painting. Although renowned for his oil paintings, Turner is also one of the greatest masters of British water colour landscape paintings. He is commonly known as "the painter of light" and his work is regarded as a Romantic preface to Impressionism.










No comments:

Post a Comment