Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Monday 24 September 2012

Life Drawings (Clothed)

 Our model did not arrive because she had had an accident the night before so our tutor told us to do some mark making useing differnt materials to start us off.
So because we had no model we did not want to waste a whole day of drawing so we decided to draw each other but clothed of course, so we started by drawing our tutor Adam.
He was moving around the room so i had to draw fast witch is why i chose charcoal because it flows more on the paper then if you use a pencil.

Then we took it in turns to draw each other in the class; it was interesting poseing for people because it was a first for many in the class.
This charcoal draw is of Tyler and i tried to get him to look like he was sittin on the chair but i found the angle hard to draw.




This is TJ i drew her with contor pastels so i could create the light and dark tones and shadowswithout useing lines like i would do if i used pencil.
The most successful element of this peice is the shading, because you can clearly see where the shadows are and where the light is hitting her body. The difficulties i face while drawing this is trying to make her look like she was sitting down, i find drawing bent knees hard for me to draw but i think i achived it well.

I am really pleased with this drawing because it turned out pretty well, and i got the feeling that she is sitting down across better then i did in the other drawing above.

This drawing went wrong at first and i stuggled to do this but in the end i pushed though it and i manged to create my best drawings of the day. I am really pleased with the way it turned out.




No comments:

Post a Comment