Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Thursday 20 September 2012

V&A Museum Visit

We arrived at the museum around 10:30am; we went into the main sculpture room in the Sackler Centre section of the V&A. We started off with an activity called "Walking the line" where we had to draw every sculpture in the room without the pencil leaving the paper. I found the activity a bit hard because I like to draw with detail and with this I could not. I filled a whole page with little drawings of all the sculptures and I managed to do the activity because I found it hard at first.
The next activity we did was called "Back to back" it was a weird activity because we had to choose a partner and then stand back to back so one would describe the object they were looking at and the other facing away would draw just from what your partner was describing. After some lunch we went to the V&A's Print rooms, where a selection of famous drawings and paintings were displayed on a table for us to choose and draw from, they were very interesting to look at.




No comments:

Post a Comment