Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Monday 24 September 2012

14/09/2012 - Journal

Mrs Egan's session was on making and creating journals; We had to create a front page for our journals, mine was inspired by the V&A visit on the 11/09/2012. I used a wide range of materials to create my page. I like the way the bronze paint i used makes the pencil drawings stand out more from the page.












This is my second journal; sometimes you can have trouble with how to start your journal or how you are going to make it look interesting and 'arty' but you don't need to, a journal is a visual representation of your ideas so it can be as messy as you like as long as the page is exciting. My first journal was very visual and neatish, this journal was mainly ideas and exploration into finding ideas and developing them.








1 comment:

  1. very good start to journal. your blog also has a very awesome and professional look to it. i really like the conventional layout so its easy to get to everything.

    ReplyDelete