Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Sunday 30 September 2012

Portrait Drawing Day

 Mini portrait; This self portrait was done on a very small piece of paper.
Started with the tones of my face and then added the detail in later, we were given 30 minuets to do this.
 A work in progress:
This is not yet finished as you may tell, I had a 2 hour session  to start of my large self portrait.

I started by using the dark and light tones of my face and then by using that I put in some of the details of my face. I struggle with positioning the eyes of my face because one always ends up wonky making my face look weird.









As I said before this is no where near finished but i hope to have it completed by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment