Pages

About Me

My photo
Hello my name is Shelley Newman i am an artist based in London and i am currently studying a Foundation art degree. I have always been interested in art & design since i was little, my hobby is drawing Manga, a Japanese cartoon drawing style witch is very popular around the world. My artwork is based on graphic design where i use photoshop to manipulate my artwork, On this blog will be my personal artwork and also my work from my course, I hope you enjoy.

Sunday 6 January 2013

Portrait Paintings

We spent a whole day painting these portraits of ourselves, we started by taking the photos professionally in the dark room using lights to create contrast and a mood to the pictures. Once the were printed we started off by mapping out the light and dark areas of the picture and then started to paint firstly in black and white as a under layer to the painting. Then after we had finished painting in black and white we started to add colour to our portraits, below is an image of mine we also had to use our chosen objects in our portraits the reason behind mine is that I often don't like the way I look and because my object was a little mirror given to me by my nan, in my portrait I am looking away from the camera and the mirror indicating that I don't want to look into the mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment